7. Who is the killer?

 #7

‘Sir, they have bought Chandan to the interrogation room.’ A police constable said.

In the interrogation room…

               The inspector entered the interrogation room and gave a blow on Chandan’s face and cussed him. ‘What the fuck are you thinking about you? Huh? You filthy bastard.’ The inspector roared at him. ‘Stay calm bhai.’ You said. The inspector asked you to start interrogating Chandan as he was out of his mind. You started interrogating Chandan.

‘Mr. Chandan, we know that you were with Smrithi that night. The fingerprints prove that, and your mobile tower as well. Don’t try to act too smart. You saw that inspector right? He’ll change your entire life upside down. Now start telling the truth. What was happening between you and Smrithi? What happened that night?’ you said.

‘Sir, I swear I didn’t kill her.’ He said.

‘Stop acting innocent and spit it out.’ You said.

‘Sir, I saw Smrithiksha a few months ago. I was auditioning for the female lead of my movie. She was the one who came to participate in that audition. I’ve decided to make her the lead when I saw her first. Her face and physique matched the character in my story. I selected her just by asking her name. She was a great actress. Her acting skills were amazing. In the meanwhile, I fell in love with her beauty. I wanted to marry her. One day, we were shooting a romantic scene. That evening, I proposed to her. But, she insulted me in front of the entire crew.’

‘What? Fell in love with her? You are a father of two girls of her age you bastard.’ You shouted at him.

‘Love has no age limits, sir.’ He said.

‘What the fuck is he blabbering? We are not here to listen to his senseless love story.’ The inspector shouted through the mic.

‘We do not have all day to listen to your nonsense. You were attracted and tempted by her beauty and wanted to have a physical relationship with her. When she refused, you threatened her that you will ruin her career. Still, you didn’t stop harassing her. One night, you decided to sedate her. So, you went to her house that night, sedated the whisky which she was drinking. You raped her and killed her. Then you put her body in the bathtub to frame it as a suicide. This should have happened that night. Am I right?’ you asked, finishing your entire theory.

‘Sir, I swear I didn’t kill her. I sedated her that night and I raped her. But, I didn’t kill her. The man under a black hood killed her and drawn some strange symbols all around the house.’ He cried holding your legs.

His answer threw a shock in each face in that interrogation room. ‘Why didn’t you inform this to the police?’ you asked.

‘Sir, I was leaving the house gathering all my stuff. I heard someone hitting that doorbell. I was scared. When I slowly opened the door, a man with a black hood entered the house and beaten hard on my head. He didn’t utter even a single word. Instead, he wrote on a piece of paper, ‘I’ll kill you if you utter a word about me.’ I still have that parchment with me, have a look into it. ’ Said Chandan.

After peeking that parchment, you had a spark on your mind. You compared the parchments you collected till now. The first was found at your doorstep, the second was given by that stranger, the third by Chandan. The handwriting found in all three was the same which resembled an Arabic accent.

‘What the fuck? That stranger should be the killer. He diverted me the entire time. Smrithi and Rithi were siblings. But, why he added Chandan’s name on that parchment? Because he wanted to frame Chandan as the killer. Hey inspector! We must go back to that villa.’ You said.

‘Why? For what?’ The inspector asked.

‘We’ve found the killer.’ You said with a smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02