1 A Story about waiting

    On a sunny Monday morning, I was sitting in a place where I never wanted to. It was the place where scholars and students meet to exchange what they have inside their heads. The class was humungous with huge doors and windows with more than a dozen desks. I was seated on one of those which was placed near the window. It was the place where I used to sit for the past three years. Beside me, was a tall, skinny guy with specs seated. I noticed his new hairstyle which resembled the one I had seen in a famous game from Rockstar. I greeted him with a compliment for his new hairstyle earlier this morning when he came to class. Rithick was a man of brands. Whatever he wore, eat, and drink will carry an expensive branding along with it. He was the one who was accompanying me since the first day of college. Mine was a typical Indian engineering classroom filled with people who topped their board exams and had been struggling to qualify after getting into college. The institution had a great name outside with over a hundred years of history. The clock hit 9:50 am and we were busy taking down the scribbles on the board to our notebooks. The professor started asking questions from what she dictated to us for the past hour. The topic was about control systems. I was sitting like I understood everything whereas the toppers were answering her questions. I leaned forward to observe how others are feeling. I saw exactly what I expected to see. More than half of the class was dozing and another half was struggling to stay awake. But in my case, it was entirely different. I was not dozing and I was excited for the day with a bright face and a milky smile. I love Mondays and I didn’t miss even a single Monday. Cause, it was the only day in the week I could see her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02