Aye! Sinaamika

It was around three hours to midnight. I was walking along a road that was dark and inhabited. I could hear the noise of katydids and crickets chirping here and there. I was afraid to walk alone along that spooky road. I touched my heart to feel how fast it was beating. My skin started releasing the potion of fear. I was biting my lips out of nervousness. I was afraid to take even a single step. Suddenly, I received a call.

‘Hey! Where are you?’ he asked.

‘I am at the entrance, standing alone, afraid to take even a single step.’ I said.

‘I am at the restaurant, waiting for you,’ he said.

‘It’s too dark here, I am afraid of this locality. Can you come and pick me?’ I asked.

‘Hey, you are a brave girl, right? You are just a few metres away from me. Just close your eyes and start walking,’ he said.

I felt safe talking to him. His voice drove me mad and it made me do whatever he told me. I was stating my every single step and he was giving me confidence and courage. Eventually, I reached the main road where there was a restaurant decorated with golden lights. The ambience of the restaurant triggered my hormones.

"Aye, sinaamika, seerum sinaamika

Nee ponaal, kavidhai enaadhika..." a song was playing with a mild volume filled my ears.

‘Where are you?’ I asked.

‘Just look forward, there will be a guy looking odd among the crowd and that’s me,’ he said.

I was tilting my head in search of my man. On the left most corner of the restaurant, I saw him sitting in a dark blue blazer and a well-ironed shirt of blue. The moment I saw him, my eyes started rolling and my face started blushing out of love. When I went to the table, he waved at me with a sweet smile on his face. It was the sweetest smile I’ve ever witnessed. He stood up, gestured me to sit and he brought a plate of salad topped with nuts and sausage. He kept the plate in front of me and said, ‘You might be tired, eat well.’

I was on cloud nine. I wanted to jump out of my seat and scream like a child who got his favourite toy. He then sat in front of me, kept his hands on his cheeks and he looked at me. At some instant, our eyes met. It was like a dream, sitting in a restaurant, with my valentine. The ambience of the place suited for a perfect date. We were dressed in formals like a bride and a groom.

He then stood up and gave his hands to me. I knew he was gonna propose to me. But I pretended like I was surprised. He grabbed my hands, I felt warm and safe under his palm. I was looking deep into his eyes, he was looking into mine.

‘I don’t know if we can be together forever. But I’ll give you the best of your life when I am with you. Trust me, I’ll be your most colourful memory and it won’t fade away, it won’t hurt you, it won’t drive you crazy. I am here for you, to miss you, to celebrate you, to guide you and to love you. I love you.’ he said.

              

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02