The package from a girl

    Thunder rumbling like a roar of thousand lions. The sky was getting darker over time. The wind was becoming heavier than usual. The lantern that was hanging on the ceiling of my porch took the place of a pendulum inside a wall clock but a violent one. It seemed like it was about to fall off its hook. The power went down as I was expecting it to happen. At times like these, it is usual that the power goes off. I was glad because I had a power backup for my house. It was around 10 at night, the time when the entire neighbourhood goes to sleep. I was sitting near the closed window of glass, pecking outside waiting for Neela. She was working late and told me she would come home by 10. The rain slowly started replacing the cloud’s roar. Droplets fell on the window leaving a trial of its path to the ground. It took pace over time completely replacing the thunder. The rain was heavier than usual. Was it a cyclone again? Fortunately, I couldn’t turn on my television as there was not enough power in my backup. My phone lit up with vibration. It must be Neela. When I took the phone there was a message in my inbox from an unknown number. “Meet me outside.” I was confused, a dozen questions circling through my mind. My Curiosity triggered me to go out to look who was that stranger. But my commonsense warned me to dare not to go out. In the battle of wits, eventually, my curiosity won which made me take an umbrella and go out. I put on my sports sneakers as it was nasty out there due to rain with a torch in one hand. Out there it was a terrible rain. The lantern which was clinging to the ceiling was broken down into pieces. The wind must have blown it away. It took roughly ten steps to reach the main gate. It was pitch black outside, there was no moon, the only source of vision is my torchlight. My phone lit up again this time it was a prolonged vibration. A call from that stranger. I swiped down to answer the call.

    “Check your mailbox.” Said the stranger. It was a woman on the other end.

    “Hey, who are you?” I asked before he cut the call. There was a postbox attached to the main gate made of iron and painted in red. It has an inlet for letters and packages on top and you have to open it bottom to retrieve whatever you got. There was a package inside that box with my name mentioned. It seemed like a usual package but something felt odd about that package. I opened the outer cover to reveal another from inside. It was written

The truth you must know. Only you…

    When I was about to open that package, I heard the doorbell. Someone was there at the doorstep.

Comments

  1. Nice bharath. Continue your good work. Describing the nature is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02