The Frozen woman

    “Hey, why are you standing here?” asked the woman from behind. I sighed with relief and took a deep breath. It was Neela standing behind me. Her presence gave me some relief. It was still dark. “I’ll go check the power backup. You get yourself seated on the couch,” said Neela. Oh shit! The package. I rushed to the couch and took the package. Inside, there was an envelope with a red seal. I found a parchment inside the envelope. There was something written in that envelope.

Come play with me

    Fear consumed my head. I felt something wrong is gonna happen tonight. Who wrote this to me? Who was that girl who called me earlier? I took my phone to find her number in the call log. The number was gone. There were no calls to my number. The message I got from that woman also went missing.

    The sky started rumbling with thunder and the light from the lightning peeked inside through the windows.

    I was nervous sitting on that couch. It’s creepy being there alone. It’s been 30 minutes and Neela didn’t show up. I called her out, sitting on that couch. I somehow felt safe on that couch rather than being in someplace in the house. All that fell in my ears were the water dripping from the roof and trees outside and the horrible thunder. “Neela? what happened? Are you there?” I shouted. There was no response from her. Unwillingly, I stood off the couch, hugging myself and rubbing my arms, I went searching for her. I sneaked all the way to the room where we set up our power backup with ample fear. When I went near the room, I heard a creepy noise. It was like someone chanting inside the room and there was this yellowish light coming out from inside. It seemed like candlelight. What the fuck? We don’t have candles in this house. The fear inside me reached its threshold. My eyes got widened with terror and I heard my own heartbeat. It was like someone kept my heart near my ears. I opened the door slowly, calling out her name. There she was standing in the corner of the room, I was surprised to see no candles inside. What is happening here? I am sure it was candlelight.  I slowly went near her. The closer I went, the higher my heartbeat was. I touched her shoulder calling out her name. There was no movement on her. Her body was cold. The thunder outside was as loud as a bomb. I was nervous and a part of me was frozen with fear. I tilted my light near her. Oh shit! What is this? Is this blood?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02