The Silhouette

    When I tilted my head upwards, Neela was not there. “Neela? are you there?” I shouted from where I was standing. I heard nothing except the rain and thunder around me. With hesitation and fear, I went near the door. I saw a shadow on the ground. Someone is standing by the window. I sneaked out of the room. Neela, what are you doing here? Are you alright?  She was holding a knife in her hand. All I could see was the silhouette of my wife. Her hair was loosely tied and wet. She was breathing heavily, tilting her head forty-five degrees left. She slowly came near me. It ain’t Neela. What’s happening here? I stepped backwards for each step she took towards me. My heart was pounding like it was about to come out tearing my chest and breaking my ribs. After a few steps, I eventually reached the wall. Shit! Am I gonna die tonight?

    “Hey? Neela? what the fuck is wrong with you? Put that goddamn knife down.” I shouted.

    She came towards me with a demonic smile on her face. I was frozen, still standing at the same place. Gradually, I heard the voice of the young girl once again. Which I heard on the radio. But, this time, it came from Neela’s mouth. She came closer,  singing the incy wincy spider poem and pointed the knife at my eyeballs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02