The Gift of Life

 We all have that one person who makes our life colorful. This is the story about a gift that changed the life of a cute little girl. Let's get into the story.

It was a rainy day. I was sitting in my armchair, having a cup of tea. I was enjoying the climate and watching what was happening outside. There I saw this little girl playing with rain. At that moment, it seems like she is the happiest person in the world. I knew that girl. She was the daughter of my neighbor Mr. Vasudev. A year ago that girl was like, she was the most unlucky and saddest girl in the world. Her parents lost hope for her. The entire life of the family was far worse than our imagination. I spoke to Mr. Vasudev to give him some hope. 'The situation has gone beyond our hands.' he said. The girl's problem was, there was no one for her to share the love. Her parents were busy with their work and forgot to spend time with her. I was observing this silently as a neighbor.
Days passed, she was going away from us. I went on a trip for the weekend. There I saw an old lady selling puppies and kitten. I bought two puppies from her. Both were very cute with big eyes. Their small feet were lovely. Anyone would love to play with them. The next day I called Mr. Vasudev and told him about the puppy I bought. 'I would like to gift your daughter this puppy.' I said. 'Sure you can, I just want my daughter back.' he said.
I went to her room. She was lying on the bed with an oxygen mask. Anyone would have cried on seeing such a little girl in that condition. I controlled my tears. With a warm smile on my face, I went near her ears and said, 'Hey honey! I have a beautiful gift for you.' I can see a smile on her face and the excitement to know what that gift was. I gradually lifted her up from the bed and grabbed her hand to help her walk. All of us were surprised to see her smile and happiness when she saw that puppy.
She named him Bruno. Bruno was very active and playful. He made her happy day by day. Days passed, her condition started improving gradually. After 100 days, doctors announced that she was completely cured. Both Mr. and Mrs. Vasudev came to me. 'Thank you so much for your gift. You gave us her life back.' they said. 'You have to thank Bruno. He is the one who brought her back.' I said.

Incredible. Isn't it? You may think what impact a small gift would cause? It should not be a gift. Even a simple word, a simple hug, a simple act of sharing your love will cause great change in someone's life. That's called the Gift of Life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Villa Reborn: Episode 01

Dear Valentine

The Villa Reborn: Episode 02